Friday, August 5, 2011

Hollins' Birthday

Our sweet Hollins has arrived!

She was born July 27 weighing 7 pounds and 5 ounces and measuring 19 inches long!

This is how everything came to be...

Last Tuesday I had a headache all day and around 4:30 I decided to check my blood pressure at home. It was a little high so I called the OB and the nurse suggested I go to the ER. I thought that was crazy so I drove myself to the urgent care just to be sure my machine was working and to see if they thought I should go to the hospital. Well, it was 213/115! The doctors and nurses freaked out, put me in an ambulance and sent me to the Maternity center. I was sent home at 11:00 and had to go back to my OB the next morning. Needless to say, my BP was still high and they sent me back to the hospital to be admitted. My younger sister was with me. I told Eric to go to work because in past experiences it's all a waiting game to be told what was going on. The doctor came in and said the C-section would be at 5:00 and Eric was running through the parking lot at 4:50!





Meeting for the first time!




Sweet sisters!






Neither of us had any complications and were sent home the following Saturday! What a different experience this time around! And Hadley loves her baby sister and loves to hep us take care of her. We are so thankful that God took care of our family during this time! Having a baby is a joyful experience, but to me, also one of the most nerveracking!


No comments:

Post a Comment