Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Tuesday after Labor Day

I don't know about everybody else but I am exhausted and my patience is so thin. I'm thinking long weekends and birthday parties are enough to wear a girl out. Hadley is also not in a good mood either. We are trying to wean her from the paci by only allowing it when she is taking a nap and going to bed and she is not happy about it! But I know I have to stick to my guns-she's getting a little too attached to it.
Our Labor Day was very relaxed! We started the day by taking a walk and taking the girls to the park. We played with Play-Doh, puzzles, and musical instruments the rest of the day because the bottom dropped out of the sky. We are currently still under tornado warnings. Hadley and I also cooked Double Chocolate Banana Muffins, which are a healthy alternative to all of the birthday cupcakes we have all been eating.
On a happy note, baby Hollins gave us her first smile this morning. We have seen a few that could be smiles, but this one was a definite!
I am not typically a SAHM, but I feel like I have definitely got to get us on a routine. Everyday I am at the end of my rope and I feel like Hadley hates me. I am just exhausted and something has to give. I can't get anything done and I when I do have a small break, I just want to zone out. Which in turn makes me feel guilty and frustrates me even more that I can't get my act together. Ugh...
Thankfully, school starts Thursday! Is this typical? Do all moms feel this way? Is it typical two year old behavior?
So I am going to start setting goals for the week to, hopefully, have some accountability.
1. Finish ALL thank you notes.
2. Complete Hollins' bow holder.
3. Send out Hollins' birth announcements.
4. Get fabric and t-shirts for the girls matching seasonal outfits.


A sweet and relaxed moment with Eric and the girls. The best part of my day is hearing Hadley be so sweet to her sister. I was so afraid that Hadley would resent her and not be nice to her. I know I need to change my perspective and just enjoy my time at home with them while they are so little. They grow so fast and I will be back to work in two short months.


No comments:

Post a Comment